- March 10, 2023
Golden Triangle Bike is an outfitter that has been helping our customers Explore Pittsburgh and the Great Allegheny Passage by Bike for the last 16 years. We rent bikes, provide bike tours, are a full-service bike shop and plan all logistics for self-guided multi-day bike tours on the Great Allegheny Passage bike trail. This includes creating itineraries, booking lodging and accommodations, renting and fitting bikes and gear, providing shuttles and daily luggage transfers, and more. We are looking to fill a position for Trip Architect. The position can range from part to full time and starts at an hourly wage of $12-$16/hour, with an opportunity to progress to a full-time/salaried position in the future. See the job description below and please forward resume to email@example.com to be considered.
Key skills for Trip Architect:
- Customer service experience. Ability to concisely and professionally disseminate key information to GTB clients about the Self Supported/ Self guided set up.
- This includes; GAP and C&O trail information and updates. Differences of trail conditions, detours, towns and logistics of riding the trail.
- Able to troubleshoot and effectively create options for GTB clients at multiple stages of their experience including the set up of initial services and logistics during the planning phase, on-trail support and post-trip communication
- Comfortable with explaining and describing the downtown Pittsburgh area. Can confidently give directions to local attractions in Pittsburgh, trail locations and landmarks.
- General competency in standard Excel, Google sheet and doc applications.
- Experience and willingness to learn multiple online booking systems and POS
- Register and cash handling experience.
- Ability to work as a team. There are multiple layers to setting up a GTB service and customer experience. All staff members contribute using systems that we have spent years creating. A rider could be starting an 8 day trek to Washington DC, or spending a few hours riding around the Burgh…. Each experience requires a step-by-step process and nuanced approach that ultimately contributes to the best possible outcome for the customer
- The willingness to have flexibility while readjusting priorities on a regular basis based on customer needs.
- The ability to efficiently and effectively time manage, project plan and meet deadlines.