Difficulty Level: VARIES,
but the distance is significant
GAP surface is crushed limestone and max 1% climb.
C&O surface is mostly level, double-track dirt road
- Luggage Transfer leave your suitcase in your room; find it waiting for you later in the day.
- One-Way Rental drop your bike off when you’re finished with the trip, it’s convenient and then you’re on your way, OR
- Tour Guides – have an experienced ride-along guide join your party to reduce uncertainty and improve your experience!
Our Customized Itinerary from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington, DC via the GAP Trail and the C&O Canal Towpath is your opportunity to design exactly what you’d like your adventure to be – and it’s our opportunity to demonstrate what we can do for you!
Our Adventure Architects will ask about your wants and needs and design a plan to meet your hopes – relieving you of the research, phone calls, and arranging!
Fill out the form below to get the process started. But here’s some food for thought:
- How many days will you want to be on the trails?
- Interested in a day tour of Pittsburgh or DC?
- Any members of your party interested in a spa session?
- End of day cycling massage?
- Riverside yoga?
- Photography or Railroad buffs?
- Care to tour Civil War battlefields?
- Fallingwater? White water rafting?
- Glamping? Staying in a Yurt?
Let us design your perfect adventure!